Shannon Digital Media is looking for a social media intern based out of our Chapel Hill office.
Our intern will get great experience and insight into social media management and digital media. Interns will work with our Director of Digital Media to research, create and publish content that is relevant for multiple clients. The intern will learn how to reach communities, and gain experience in social media platforms and the tools used to assess their performance. The intern will occasionally cover local events for our clients by live Tweeting and social media reporting.
–10 hours per week (specific days and hours are extremely flexible depending on your schedule and availability)
–Ideally, this internship would last for 6 months. Unfortunately, we do not pay our interns, but we’ll work with students so they can get school credit.
–Our office is at 1777 Fordham Blvd. (behind the SunTrust bank) and there’s a bus stop right outside.
- Schedule content on Hootsuite
- Performs research to find articles, stories, resources, or other content that is relevant to our clients target audiences.
- Creates engaging content with photos, videos, and text
- Helps to grow our clients social networks by increasing fan-base interactions.
- Takes pictures and videos for clients as assigned
- Uses Facebook Insights and Twitter Analytics to assess trends and activities for clients pages.
- Previous internship or social media experience strongly preferred
- Detail oriented with strong written and verbal communication skills
- Familiarity with social media platforms, including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Linkedin
- Knowledge of Hootsuite & Trello are a plus!
How to apply:
If you’ve got questions, reach out to our Director of Digital Media Lauryn Colatuno at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you’re ready to apply, send a resume BY SEPTEMBER 10 and make sure to tell her why you’d make a great intern in the body of your email!