Whether you're thinking about putting down roots in Chapel Hill or just visiting for the weekend, pick up a copy of the Visitors & Relocation Guide 2014, which is filled with helpful resources – from school info to neighborhood profiles to an ultimate Chapel Hill checklist. (We also encourage visitors to check out the Chapel Hill/Orange County Visitors Bureau – with information and statistics, a daily calendar of events and tons of itinerary suggestions, it is an invaluable source in planning your stay.)
Here at Chapel Hill Magazine, our job is to put out a magazine aimed specifically at the residents of Orange and Chatham counties. But once a year we also partner with the Chapel Hill-Carrboro Chamber of Commerce to produce a guide just for visitors and folks who are new to the area, and we have so much fun introducing these readers to all the wonderful things about our towns.
This year's guide provides readers with everything there is to know about living here, from our neighborhoods, schools and retirement centers to our dining and entertainment scenes. Visitors can flip through the pages for ideas of what to see and do while they're here, and relocators can use this publication's directories, maps and pages of important phone numbers to make the transition to their new home a breeze.
Click on the video above to learn more about the 2014 guide from Editorial Director Andrea Griffith Cash. Then purchase a copy for just $6 by calling (919) 933-1551, or stop by our office at 190 Finley Golf Course Rd. in Chapel Hill.
Welcome to Chapel Hill! We hope you enjoy it here.
Inside the Visitors & Relocation Guide:
- Map of Orange County and directions to nearby towns from Chapel Hill
- Need-to-know numbers
- An introduction by Chapel Hill resident and bestselling author Sarah Dessen
- The ultimate Chapel Hill checklist
- Books about Chapel Hill/Orange County
- Photo essay with some of our favorite moments from the past year
- A tour of UNC, plus how to get tickets to games and a look at UNC's most memorable sports moments
- Ideas for day tripping to Hillsborough and Pittsboro
- A feature on Chapel Hill's longtime restaurants
- Dining guide
- Farmers' markets
- Neighborhood profiles, plus a list of new developments
- Lodging guide
- 2013-14 arts preview
- Directory of bridal resources, plus the top nine reasons for hosting a Chapel Hill wedding
- Spa and salon directory
- Fitness center directory
- Profile on UNC Hospitals
- Directory of Continuing Care Retirement Communities, plus one retiree shares why she chose to settle here
- Chart on Orange County market statistics and directory of business resources, along with a look at three buzzworthy local businesses
- Directory of public, private and charter schools and a letter from Chapel Hill-Carrboro City Schools Superintendent Tom Forcella
- And much more!