Whether you’re thinking about putting down roots in Chapel Hill or just visiting for the weekend, pick up a copy of the Visitors & Relocation Guide 2016, which is filled with helpful resources – from school info to neighborhood profiles to an ultimate Chapel Hill checklist. (We also encourage visitors to check out the Chapel Hill/Orange County Visitors Bureau – with information and statistics, a daily calendar of events and tons of itinerary suggestions, it is an invaluable source in planning your stay.)
Here at Chapel Hill Magazine, our job is to put out a magazine aimed specifically at the residents of Orange and Chatham counties. But once a year we also partner with the Chapel Hill-Carrboro Chamber of Commerce to produce a guide just for visitors and folks who are new to the area, and we have so much fun introducing these readers to all the wonderful things about our towns.
This year’s guide provides readers with everything there is to know about living here, from our neighborhoods, schools and retirement centers to our dining and entertainment scenes. Visitors can flip through the pages for ideas of what to see and do while they’re here, and relocators can use this publication’s directories, maps and pages of important phone numbers to make the transition to their new home a breeze.
We hope you enjoy clicking through the 2015 guide above. If you want a copy to keep around your home for reference (or for out-of-town visitors), purchase a copy for the shipping cost by calling 919-933-1551, or stop by our office at 1777 Fordham Blvd. in Chapel Hill (behind the SunTrust Bank!).
Welcome to Chapel Hill! We hope you enjoy it here.
Inside the Visitors & Relocation Guide:
- Map of Orange County and directions to nearby towns from Chapel Hill, plus a downtown parking guide and a local lingo guide
- Need-to-know numbers
- Books written about and/or in Chapel Hill/Orange County
- An introduction by author Stephanie Elizondo Griest
- Day trip itineraries for Durham, Hillsborough and Pittsboro
- The ultimate Chapel Hill checklist full of must-see attractions and experiences
- Advice from a trailing spouse (someone who’s made the move for their significant other’s job and has thrived)
- A look at three impressive local business, plus a chart on Orange County market statistics and a directory of business resources
- The results from The Best of Chapel Hill awards
- Photo essay with some of our favorite moments from the past year
- A tour of UNC, plus how to get tickets to games and notable UNC alum
- A few of our favorite food items
- Farmers’ market directory
- Dining guide
- An ode to our restaurant culture
- Local food events
- Annual events not to miss
- A Q&A with a Realtor and where to buy new homes
- Lodging guide
- 2015-16 arts preview
- The top nine reasons for hosting a Chapel Hill wedding
- Spa and salon directory
- Fitness center directory
- A look at UNC Hospitals
- Directory of Continuing Care Retirement Communities
- Directory of public, private and charter schools
- Some of our favorite Instagram accounts to follow for ideas and inspiration