Find the best bridal tips and tricks in the January-February 2016 issue of Chapel Hill Magazine.
1. It’s adaptable Whether you want a traditional church wedding, a down-home pig pickin’ on a farm or a swanky affair at The Carolina Inn, Chapel Hill fits the bill.
2. It’s affordable When it comes to venues, catering, flowers, overnight accommodations and just about everything else on your checklist, you’ll spend considerably less than you would in many parts of the country.
3. The weather is nice The importance of satisfactory weather at a wedding cannot be overstated. This area is kind to brides’ nerves – most of the time – no matter if they are tying the knot in November, March or July.
4. To-die-for destination Your guests probably have Chapel Hill on their list of places to visit anyway. The day is about you – the happy couple. But your out-of-town friends and relatives will appreciate all there is to do while they are here – and the close proximity to the airport. (Anyone who’s ever traveled to a wedding in the middle of nowhere and spent most of the weekend sequestered in a hotel room knows this one all too well.)
5. Favorable food Your guests will judge the reception largely by the quality of the meal. And in Chapel Hill, quality food is pretty easy to come by.
6. You can embrace your Southern-ness Are you a sucker for seersucker suits, Mason jar cocktails and gingham tablecloths? All of that fits right into a Chapel Hill wedding.
7. Go Heels! Pay homage to your favorite university by having bridal portraits or wedding pictures taken on campus, or choose Carolina blue as one of your colors.
8. Invaluable vendors Chapel Hill is small enough to offer your wedding a homey feel, but big enough that many top-notch wedding vendors do business here – from cake bakers to photographers to jewelry designers.
9. It’s just a special place If you’re even considering a Chapel Hill wedding, that probably means you grew up in town, attended UNC (where many couples make their love connection) or have grown fond of it while visiting. It’s that intangible, personal feeling that usually seals the deal for engaged couples.
SAVE THE DATE!
To help you plan your perfect Chapel Hill wedding, don’t miss the Carolina Inn Bridal Showcase on Jan. 31, 2016. For more information about the elegant and informational afternoon, go to carolinainnbridalshowcase.com.