A hallmark of the TerraVita Food & Drink Festival, the Sustainable Classroom is the perfect fit for any food and drink lover. Think culinary workshops, food and beverage tastings and demonstrations, discussions, and educational sessions all wrapped into one! Classroom sessions range in topic, but share a focus on sustainability and feature visionary producers, chefs, journalists, cookbook authors, food artisans, brewers, bakers, distillers, authors, sommeliers, and industry phenoms offering insights and delicious tastes that will stimulate all the senses. Participants may choose to attend up to 4 classes for this Friday class pass, each of which is 1 hour and 15 minutes long.
After purchasing your ticket, you will receive a ballot selection (first purchased, first served – so if you purchase early, you will be guaranteed your choice of classes) to choose one class per time slot at 9 am, 10:45 am, 12:30 pm, and 2:15 pm. You will receive an email immediately after you submit your choices and then a confirmation email the week before the event with your class choices, times, and locations. Classes will be held at Southern Season’s Cooking School and the Great Room at Top Of The Hill.
Our 2017 Class Titles:
– Pastry with Perks: Hand Pies & Coffee
– Beyond the Kitchen: Food Leaders Paving the Path of Social Justice
– (Veg-) Forward Motion: The Power of Plant-Based Eating
– The Appalachian Table: A Humble Region Gets Its Due
– Oyster Throwback: The Rise of Aquaculture & the Resurgence of the Oyster Industry in the Southeast
– Heart & Soul: The Roots of Soul Food & the Cultural Influence on Southern Cuisine
– The Vines, They Are A-Changin: Climate Change & The New Emerging Wine Regions
– Elevating Your Beverages: Taking Your At-Home Cocktails & Mocktails Up a Notch
Our participants include, but are not limited to: Adrian Miller, Scratch Baking, Acme Food & Beverage Co., Crude Bitters & Sodas, Ronni Lundy, Amanda Cushman, Fran Costigan Vegan Pastry Chef, Poole’s Diner, Crook’s Corner, Vimala’s Curryblossom Café, Carrboro Coffee Roasters and East Durham Pie Company.
$80 for all-day pass (choose four classes)
Go to terravitafest.com for more information and to purchase tickets.
Ticketholders must be 21 or older.